Microsoft Azure Peering Service - What does a fast lane have to do with information security?
In eigener Sache
- Guaranteed bandwidth with fixed SLAs and monitoring service.
- No non-transparent routing over the Internet, but direct and transparent over a dedicated fast lane (Layer 2)
- Guaranteed data sovereignty up to the Microsoft network
- We establish a VPN connection over your existing internet connection. Our data center has multiple redundant connections - but since you're going all the way to our data center over the Internet and not Layer 2, we can't give you full bandwidth that way.
- For business-critical services in Azure, you should think about the dedicated switching of a Layer 2 connection into our data center. We work with many local and global providers here and can support you with the implementation.
Marcel Zimmer is the Technical Managing Director of EnBITCon. During his time in the German Armed Forces, the trained IT developer was able to gain numerous project experiences. His interest in IT security was significantly awakened by his service in command support. Even after his service, he is an active reservist in the Bundeswehr.
His first firewall was a Sophos UTM 120, which he had to set up for a customer project. Since then, his interest in IT security has grown steadily. In the course of time, various security and infrastructure topics have come into his focus. His most interesting projects included, for example, WLAN coverage in an explosion-proof area, as well as a multi-site WLAN solution for a large